I wanted to paint my friends one of the last nights out in Taipei. By then I was much more confident painting human figures on the fly, on location, without them posing. Of course, the more I drank, the less skilled I was..
(1) Portrait of my friend Justine.
(2) Portrait of Toku, restaurant owner.
(3) Sketch of friend Jeni
(4) Page spread
My little cousin was back for his CNY break, and so my uncle took us to lunch at Din Tai Fung, which is popular for Shanghainese dumplings.
(1) Some of the receptionists.
(2) One of my main interests while in other countries is the fashion. These were some of the outfits of girls also waiting in line.
(3) These guys are hard at work making each one of these Shanghainese dumplings from hand. They were in teams of approximately 4 guys to a station..
(4) Page spread.
(5) We went to a popular bookstore after, where I took a moment to paint some people wearing red clothing. They tend to wear a lot of that here during the new years. Subsequently painted a portion of the bookstore.. but surprisingly no one wearing red walked into the scene!